You may email permit applications, submittals, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email Contractor's License applications and Security Guard applications to email@example.com as well. If you do not have the ability to email, you may drop off your materials at the Permitting counter in City Hall.
To speak with a member of our team or schedule an appointment at City Hall, please contact the Building Division at 303-655-2017 or call your Permit Technician directly. Some employees may be working remotely, so please leave a detailed message and we will respond as quickly as possible.
We will assist you with all construction-related permitting and licensing, including all contractor's licensing, building permits, temporary and event permits, right of way permits, bonding, as well as inspections and general development coordination.
Effective 01-01-2023, Brighton City Council adopted the following 2021 Codes with amendments:
- 2021 International Residential Codes
- 2021 International Plumbing Codes
- 2021 International Mechanical Codes
- 2021 International Fuel Gas Codes
- 2021 International Energy Conservation Codes
- 2021 Property Maintenance Codes
- 2021 Existing Building Codes
- 2021 Swimming Pool & Spa Codes
- 2021 Fire Codes
You may continue to submit under the current 2018 I-Codes until 1-1-2023 or use either code until that date.
On 1-1-2023 all new submittals shall use the adopted 2021 Code.
The above codes will bring the City of Brighton into current technology, material, and methods that are not addressed in previous versions.
You may view these codes at www.iccsafe.org or at the Permit Counter located at City Hall, 500 S. 4th Ave. Brighton, CO 80601. For questions, please feel free to contact the Permit Counter at 303-655-2017.
PERMITTING FORMS AND APPLICATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE. PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE FORMS AND APPLICATIONS FROM THIS SITE FOR THE MOST CURRENT EDITION.
- Permit Checklist (Commercial, Industrial, Multi-Family)
- Site Plan Checklist
- Site Plan Example
- Asbestos Abatement (State Permit)
- Erosion and Sediment Control (ESC) Permit
- Event Permit Application
- Fireworks Stand Permit Application/Regulations
- Flood Plain Permit Application
- Hydrant Meter Permit Application (more information about hydrant meters)
- Moving Permit Application
- Outdoor Vendor Permit Application for Private Property
- Permanent Sign Permit Application, Addendum for Multiple Signs
- Public Use Permit Application
- Right-of-Way (ROW) Permit Application
- ROW - Street Closure Only Permit Application
- Site Improvement Permit Application
- Temporary Sign Permit Application
- Temporary Use Permit Application
- Temporary Watering Permit Application
Financial guarantee will be requested for any work done in the public right-of-way, or for public infrastructure construction. Please see a complete list of bond document templates and related policies.
The City of Brighton is in compliance with the Electricians Practice Act and CRS 12-115-120.