The history of Brighton dates back to 1887. You can trace back to appreciate the city’s development and our heritage through its architectural styles and building details, as well as the significant events and people related to these places. Sadly, many places that trace our heritage have been lost to fire or progress. Saving our treasured places* with historic designation ensures that present and future generations can appreciate the beauty and richness of Brighton’s past. Rehabilitation of historic properties is an environmentally-responsible construction activity and can create new jobs and boost the local economy. Today, historic properties add to our quality of life as dynamic community centerpieces providing cultural places to shop, invest, create, and live.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE BRIGHTON HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION AND MEETINGS, CLICK HERE.
- *NEW* Historic Splendid Valley Digital Tour
- Downtown Historic District Walking Tour
- Brochure: Walking Tour of Historic Properties in Brighton
- Historic Resource Survey Plan (2012)
- Historic Resource Survey - 11 Properties Survey (2014)
- Historic Resource Survey - 64 Agricultural Properties (2016)
- Brighton Subdivision Survey Report - Phase I (Residential) 2018
- Brighton Subdivision Survey Report - Phase II (Commercial) 2019
- Brighton Subdivision Survey Photos - Phase II (Commercial) 2019
Are you interested in designating your property? Is your property already designated and you aren’t sure what that might mean? Just interested in learning more?