Mobile or Outdoor Vendors

Mobile or outdoor vendors, such as food trucks, must first obtain a permit from the Community Development Department before a business license can be issued. Please contact this department for information on obtaining a temporary use permit. Once the permit has been issued, please complete the appropriate business license application and include a copy of your permit. 

The City of Brighton is currently reviewing the rules and processes associated with mobile vendors. To provide time for staff to review, recommend and implement any changes that are ultimately approved the Community Development Director and City Manager have approved an extension to the temporary use permit and business license for mobile vendors. Permits and licenses for mobile or outdoor vendors issued in 2021 will be for a 270-day duration, but in no case will extend beyond December 31, 2021. If you would like more information or have comments on potential changes regarding the rules and processes for mobile vendors please contact Shannon McDowell,, or Ana LeScoezec,