Historic Preservation Commission
For additional Historic Preservation and Brighton City Museum information, please click here. http://www.brightonco.gov/1072/Historic-Preservation
Brighton Historic Preservation Commission Meetings
Sub-Committee Meeting Schedules
Grants Committee - meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month - 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. at City Hall in the Eagle Conference Room on the 2nd Floor, 500 South 4th Avenue.
Events Committee - meets on the 1st Thursday of the month - 6 p.m. in the Historic Preservation Commission Office at Historic City Hall, 22 South 4th Avenue.
Historic Properties / Outreach Committee - meets on the 4th Thursday of the month - 6 p.m. in the Historic Preservation Commission Office at Historic City Hall, 22 South 4th Avenue.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
Member contact information is available to download from the member listing document (PDF).
- Sara Dawson
- Danielle Henninger
- Dick Hodge
- Vacant - Alternate
- Vacant - Alternate
- Ken Kreutzer - City Council Alternate
- Mark Humbert - City Council Representative
- Vacant - Emeritus
- Hero Dahlman - Youth Liaison
The Brighton Historic Preservation Commission is responsible for:
- reviewing resources designating historic sites and making decisions on alterations to historic sites
- assisting owners of historic properties on physical or financial aspects of historic preservation
- developing and assisting in public education programs focused on historic preservation
If you are interested in being a member of the Brighton Historic Preservation Commission, please click on the Vacancies tab in the left column and you will be redirected to a page with the requirements, vacancy information, and application.
View Historic Preservation Board Application Questions (PDF).
Historic Preservation Office and Staff
- Kimberly Bauer, Historic Preservation Coordinator
- Aja Tibbs, Long Range Planner
- Mark Heidt, Assistant Parks and Recreation Director/Grants
- Sheryl Johnson, Administrative Assistant