Help for Homes
February 20, 2023
The City of Brighton and Brothers Redevelopment, Inc. are putting together the 18th Annual Help for Homes for Seniors and the Disabled (HFH) project in our community. Help for Homes (HFH) brings volunteers and neighbors together to join in to paint or fix up homes needing minor exterior repairs and perform general yard clean-up. This exciting community project will take place on Saturday, May 6, 2023. It is our hope that 10 - 15 homes will be repaired.
You may qualify depending on your income level, own your home, are age 60 or older or are permanently disabled and are in need of small fix ups or painting of your home. For those who apply and are approved, they will have the opportunity to get help with those things. If you are approved to participate, materials and donated labor will be given to help you in getting these repairs done. This is a community project where neighbors pitch in to improve their neighborhood AND IT IS FREE, if you qualify.
The criteria for consideration are simple:
- The homeowner is a senior (age 60 or older) or is permanently disabled. Note that the homeowner must live in the home.
- The homeowner is a Brighton resident.
- The homeowner earns no more than $55,950 for a household of one person or $63,950 for a household of two persons.
- The homeowner has no short-term plans to sell the home or move.
- The completed application and required documentation are submitted and received by March 28, 2023 to the Eagle View Adult Center in order to be considered for the May 6 work day.
- All applications and documentation you submit will be strictly confidential and will only be used to make sure that each household receiving materials and services during this project qualifies under the program guidelines and regulations.
The home improvements (to exterior only) may include a variety of activities such as exterior painting, minor repairs for gutters and fascia and soffit, fence repairs and minimal landscaping clean-up such as pruning, gardening and yard work.
We hope that you take the time to complete the application and participate in this great opportunity to improve and beautify your home.