Watering restrictions dates are May 1 - September 30
- No watering between 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Watering is limited 3 days per week
- Do not allow water to pool in the gutter, the street, or on property
The city is asking residents to voluntarily water their lawn two days a week during peak months (July & August). With a controller's limited options, it's best way is to assign days based on address, as most controllers cannot be set to every third day.
Watering Schedule for the City of Brighton
- Even Address - Sunday, Tuesday, Friday
- Odd Address - Monday, Wednesday, Saturday
Municipal Code Section 13-4-130(b)
(1) First offense: Verbal notification of noncompliance.
(2) Second offense: Written notification of noncompliance.
(3) Third offense: A fine that will depend on the tap size of the property. Starting with $125 - $1,500. Residential customers will receive the $125 fine.
4) Fourth offense: A written citation and mandatory court appearance.
(5) A surcharge, if applicable, pursuant to Section 13-4-130 of this Article.
Sod installation is prohibited from May 1 - September 30 for areas exceeding 200 square feet. Patching the existing lawn is permitted.
Water is a valuable resource that all of us are responsible for protecting. The City of Brighton is responsible for providing our citizens with safe, quality drinking water and to meet the demands of our community, while simultaneously acting to conserve our resources.
Brighton will monitor water conditions during the coming months and will provide periodic updates if necessary. We appreciate the cooperative efforts of our customers as the City continues its efforts to provide a safe and sustainable water supply to our community.
Contact Louis Morris 303/655-2243 or email@example.com with any questions.