File a Report
Welcome to the Brighton Police Department Online Reporting System. If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using this online police report system allows community members to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. You may use this system to report any of the following incidents:
SUPPLEMENTAL PROPERTY REPORT
THEFT FROM VEHICLE
UNAUTHORIZED CREDIT CARD USE
VANDALISM WITH CRIMINAL MISCHIEF
Filing a false police report is a crime. Please confirm the following to find out if our online police report filing is right for you:
- This incident is NOT an emergency
- This incident occurred within the Brighton Police Department City limits
- There are no known suspects
- No one was injured in the incident I am reporting
- There is no physical evidence connected to this incident that needs to be collected
- You have an email address
If you have questions about using the online reporting system, please call 303-655-2300.
If all of the above statements are true, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If you cannot confirm any of the a please look at our Online Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete
- Be given a police report case number
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records
- All cases filed using the Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted
Please be sure to review the entire list of incidents with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Select Incident" to begin.
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Brighton Police Department (emergency 911; non-emergency 303-288-1535) to file your report.
Looking to file a crash report?
You may file crash reports online through the state by visiting https://dmv.colorado.gov/report-accident. Crash reports filed using the state's website do not get investigated by a law enforcement agency. The reports are kept for record purposed only.