The Brighton Housing Authority (BHA) will host its 3rd Annual Applicant Assistance Program Resource Fair from 8 a.m. to noon on Wednesday, Dec. 4. The resource fair will be held at the Armory Performing Arts Center, 300 Strong Street in Brighton. The Applicant Assistance Program Resource Fair is an opportunity for Brighton residents to see what community resources are available to them beyond the Housing Authority’s programs.
Also on this day, the Brighton Housing Authority (BHA) will be issuing lottery cards for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. also at the Armory Performing Arts Center. This is the only day of the year when Section 8 applications are accepted.
Completed cards must be:
• Filled out completely, accurately, and legible
• Signed and dated by applicant
• Returned either in person or by mail
• Mailed cards must include proper postage by the applicant and they must have a postmarked date of no later than Dec. 20, 2013
• Mailed cards must be mailed to the Brighton Housing Authority, 22 S. 4th Ave., Room 202, Brighton, CO 80601
• Hand delivered cards will also be accepted no later than 5 p.m. on Dec. 20 according to the BHA phone system clock.
All accepted cards will be held in a pool and drawings will be conducted throughout 2014 for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program by BHA for the 2014 calendar year. The lottery card numbers drawn will be eligible to apply for the Housing Choice Voucher Program. The holders of the lottery card numbers drawn will be notified by mail and will receive instructions and directions for final approval.
The Brighton Housing Authority is a public corporation with boards appointed by City Council. The BHA mission is to provide affordable housing to low- and moderate-income people. In addition to public housing, housing authorities also provide other types of subsidized housing. The Brighton Housing Authority serves the entire city of Brighton.
For more information on the event, contact the Brighton Housing Authority at 303-655-2160.