The City of Brighton Brighton Recreation Center Sports Department would like to congratulate our 2022 Coach of the Year and a coach for each sports season. Without our volunteer coaches, we would not be able to run our sports programs. All of our coaches have a huge, positive impact on the Brighton community. Each coach provided a safe, fun learning environment for Brighton’s youth athletes. In 2022, the Sports Department had 187 volunteer coaches, who shared at least 20 hours of their time totaling to approximately 3,740 volunteer hours. Below is a list including a coach selected for every season and our 2022 Coach of the Year.
- 2022 Coach of the Year - David Castaneda
- Basketball Coach - Devin Danes
- Flag Football Coach - Brett Minne
- Spring Soccer Coach - Mark Damian
- T-Ball Coach - Levi Anderson
- Fall Soccer Coach - Edson Martinez
- Volleyball Coach - Kelli Hale
The 2023 Coach of the Year nominations will go out to all participants' families at the end of each sports season. We are extremely grateful for our coaches and excited for the upcoming year. For more information, contact Recreation Sports Supervisor Carleen Watts at email@example.com.