Lodging Tax Grant applications are now being accepted for 2023 online. Each year, Brighton City Council awards grants to support activities that strengthen economic development, fund special events, assist cultural arts facilities, and promote tourism and related activities that inspire people to spend money in Brighton. Organizations with projects that will attract new visitors and business to the community are encouraged to apply.
The Brighton Lodging Tax Advisory Committee (BLTAC) is currently accepting proposals for the use of Lodging Tax funds for Brighton-based organizations directly involved in promoting the community to visitors and businesses. The Committee seeks organizations and teams who meet the qualifications below.
- Local government and/or nonprofit organizations in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State or government entities are eligible to submit applications.
- Organizations must provide at least a 50-percent funding match. A match can be cash and/or in-kind donations.
- Grant applications must support the intent and objectives of the Lodging Tax Use, as stated in City Code 2121, Section 3-40-50.
- Projects must be completed by November 30, 2023. End of year reports must be in by December 31, 2023.
- Applications must be completed and submitted by the grant deadline. Incomplete applications or those missing supplemental documents will not be considered.
- Organizations must comply with city vendor requirements, including non-discrimination policies and obtaining insurance coverage for events or activities.
- Grant funds are contingent on the approval of the city’s annual budget and completion of all required contracts, agreements, and follow-up reporting on the part of the applicant.
Click here for more information on the application qualifications, process, and review. Applications must be submitted by 5 p.m. on October 31, 2022 for consideration.
For more information about the Brighton Lodging Tax Grant and to access the application, visit the Lodging Tax Advisory Committee web page.
If you have questions on the Lodging Tax Grant Program, please contact 303-655-2367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.