To allow more time for creativity to flow in for the City of Brighton’s inaugural Water Conservation Poster Contest, the deadline for submissions has been extended to Saturday, April 30. Brighton elementary school students grades K-5 are invited to participate in the contest to showcase the importance of water conservation through their creativity. An added online submission method is now also available to interested participants.
All entries will be featured on the City of Brighton website. Posters will be judged based on creativity, relevance to theme, legibility and adherence to guidelines (see below). The City will award prizes to the first, second and third place winners of $100, $50 and $25, respectively. Additionally, an honorable mention winner will receive $25. All winners will be recognized at a City Council meeting and will be featured on the City’s website and social media pages. The winning first place poster will be printed and displayed throughout the city. Winners will be notified on Friday, May 6.
All entries must include artwork and a submission form (copies of the form will be available to fill out at the City Hall reception desk or you may write the information on a separate sheet of paper and include it with your poster). Entries can be submitted electronically with this form, dropped off in-person or mailed to: City of Brighton, Communications Department, 500 S. 4th Avenue, Brighton, CO 80601.
- Artwork must be original. Students are invited to use their artistic talents to create posters that illustrate the importance of conserving water. Poster artwork must communicate a water awareness theme in English or Spanish.
- Students can use crayons, markers, watercolors, paint, colored pencils, charcoal or oil pastels.
- Please do not use any glitter, stickers, or other materials on the poster as they may be reprinted.
- Posters must be in horizontal (landscape) orientation on paper no larger than 11” x 17”.
- Hand-drawn, original digital illustrations are welcome (posters containing computer-sampled graphics, photographs, collages, 3-D artwork or trademarked art will be disqualified).
- Please do not use lined notebook paper.
- Keep your writing simple. Be sure the text is large and easy to read.
- Entry must be contestant's original creation and may not be copied or traced from other artists' published work. Additionally, copyrighted material or licensed characters may not be used. (i.e. no Mickey Mouse, Elsa, Spongebob, etc.)
- Please do not fold your artwork when you are finished.
To learn more about the program, go to brightonco.gov/waterposter. If you have questions regarding the contest, please email email@example.com.