Open up browser and type in my2020census.gov
- This is an official website of the United States government. You can click on the “Here’s how you know” link on the my2020census.gov website, if you want to confirm that at is a U.S. government website.
Once you are in my2020census.gov website, click the blue rectangle in the lower right corner that reads “Start Questionaire.”
The next page will ask you for your Census ID. This ID is found in the letter mailed to you.
If you have a letter with a Census ID: Enter the ID numbers and letters in order. Leave off the dashes. Click the blue rectangle that reads “Login”.
If you do not have a Census ID or misplaced your letter, click on the statement in blue: “If you do not have a Census ID, click here.” This will take you to a page that asks you where you live in order to find your address.
Answer the questions on each screen.
- Most questions have one answer/response – you will not be able to select two options on these questions. Click on the answer that best fits you or your family members from the list of options.
- If it is a “select all that apply” question, you may click on a selected check box to unselect the box and remove it as one of your answers.
Use the “Next” or “Previous” buttons on the bottom of each screen to navigate through the questionaire.
- Click “Previous” button if you need to go back a page and change an answer.
- Click “Next” button if you are done answering the questions on the screen.
- Do not use the Forward or Back buttons on your browser.
Help: If you need assistance on a specific question, use the “Help” link that appears to the right of the question.
Session Time Limit: The questionnaire will close if you stop typing for more than 15 minutes or do not submit. This is to protect your personal information. Your answers will not be saved. You will need to start over. You need to complete the questions and submit in one session.
Once you have finished answering the questions, click “Submit”.
- After you submit your questionnaire and are shown the confirmation page, you may close the web browser. The questionaire will be locked and you will not be able to access your information or change any of your responses.