Swim Lesson Registration begins on Thursday, May 6 for residents and Friday, May 7 for Non-Residents. Please call the Brighton Recreation Center for more information.
Swim Lesson Registration
Swim lessons are held at: Brighton Recreation Center, 555 North 11th Avenue
*Please review our refund policy*
• All classes must have at least three registrants. Classes that do not reach the minimum enrollment of three participants are subject to either cancellation or 20-minute sessions. If a class has not been canceled and has only one student registered, the class will be 20 minutes each instead of 30 minutes.
(Excluding private and semi-private lessons).
• Registration deadline for all lessons is five business days before each session begins. You will not receive a refund after this time has passed.
• Class maximums are set for quality and safety reasons.
• Fees must be paid at time of registration.
*Note: A parent or legal guardian may only register their child(ren) under age 18.
Swim Lesson Quick Tips
• There is no sure way to predict how quickly your child will progress. Consider that most children do not pass a class after just one session. Breakdown just one session in hours (range from two to four hours a month) and consider how quickly a skill can be taught, learned and demonstrated.
• Pollywogs are similar to Level One while Guppies are similar to Level Two. Minnow is an advanced pre-school level that incorporates skills from both of Level Two and Beginner Level Three. The reason for the preschool separation is to avoid huge age differentials i.e., a four-year-old in Level One with a nine-year-old.
• Please keep in mind the benefit of being added to the waitlists. Your child may end up in a class. There have been changes to the way you sign up for the waitlist. There is now only one waitlist for evenings and one for morning for each session. If possible, we will open up whichever class has the highest demand.
• If you want your child to be safe around the water by summer, sign them up for swim lessons now!
• Contact aquatic management for any questions or concerns regarding your childs swim level placement including future registration.