All About Funshine
Funshine is a state licensed summer day program for ages 6-12 years old. For over 15 years Funshine has provided children a safe and creative environment to spend their summer holiday. The City of Brighton and School District 27-J have a long standing relationship allowing Funshine access to a local school for the summer months.
Included: All field trips, transportation, swimming, daily activities, and the Funshine t-shirt
- Weekly field trips (no field trip the first week of camp)
- Weekly visits to Brighton Oasis water park -Other weekly extras! (This may include trips to Anythink Library, Barr Lake State Park doing an activity with the kids, zumba, and more!)
In addition, craft projects are offered throughout the week while board games, sports, reading, art and group games are also offered daily.
Items Needed at Camp Daily:
- Two snacks
- Balanced nutritional lunch
- Refillable water bottle
- Sun block: Waterproof 30+
- Sturdy shoes: good for running and gravel playground
- Your child will need a sack lunch on field trip days
Getting Ready For Camp:
ALL school rules apply while attending Funshine:
- Treat yourself and others with respect
- Always stay with the group
- No rough or violent behavior
- Clean up after yourself
- Take care of school property
- No inappropriate language
- Use whispering voices and walking feet while traveling through the hallways
- Let a staff person know when you need to use the restroom
Sample Daily Schedule
Regular/Full Day at Camp
- 7:30 – 9:00 Extended Hour Campers Check-in
- 8:30 – 9:00 Regular Hour Campers Check-in
- 9:00 – 9:30 Camper Round Up and Pow Wow
- 9:30 – 10:00 Groups Split
- 10:00 – 11:00 Snack (outside) and activities (inside or outside)
- 11:00 – 11:15 Get Ready for Lunch
- 11:15 – 12:30 Lunch and Playground
- 12:30 – 2:30 Activities
- 2:30 – 3:00 Afternoon Snack (Outside)
- 3:00 – 3:30 Campfire
- 3:30 – 4:00 Regular and Extended Hour campers split
- 4:00 – 5:30 Extended Hour Campers do games inside
Tips for Parents:
- We advise parents to send their child with a sack lunch, morning snack, afternoon snack, towel, swimsuit, and sunscreen every day the first week of camp in case there are last minute group changes and until you are more familiar with your child's schedule.
- Parents are responsible to send their child with a healthy an nutritious sack lunch, two snacks, water bottle, and sunscreen daily. There is no access to refrigeration or microwaves for lunches. Please, no glass items are to be sent.
- Make sure your child's belongings are clearly labeled with their name.
- Weekly newsletters will be posted online and a printed version will be at the site.
- Participants will not be allowed to access the concession stand at the Brighton Oasis to help reduce lost money.
- Make sure your child is wearing the appropriate footwear based on the day's activities. Shoes that tie or can be secured are ideal for when they are running in the gym or on the playground. This is a safety issue for your child and is highly recommended.
- In the event your child forgets or misplaces his / her sunscreen, they may use some from the Funshine Office: NO-AD Brand SPF 50 or Rocky Mountain Sunscreen
The 2019 Parent Handbook has all the detailed information you need to know about the program including what we provide, what we need you to provide, expectations you can have of us and the expectations we have of your child while with us this summer. It encompasses all things Funshine to make the summer a great success for everyone. Parent Manual
Important Phone Numbers:
- Office Phone Number: TBA
- Funshine Cell Phone: TBA
- Recreation Supervisor at Brighton Recreation Center 303-655-2219
- Assistant Coordinator of Youth Programs at Brighton Recreation Center: 303-655-2209