2020 Girls Volleyball
Earlybird Registration: August 29th Cost:$55
Registration Closes: September 5th Cost:$60
Coach's Meeting: Monday, September 21st at 6 pm at the Brighton Recreation Center.
The Brighton Youth Volleyball League is designed to encourage participation for all girls ages 8-13 (grades 4-6), who want to play volleyball. Above all, the league is directed at children/teens with the idea of fun participation and excitement while learning the sport of volleyball in a positive environment. Some specific purposes for the league are:
- To give each child the opportunity to learn the importance of good sportsmanship and fair play competition.
- To teach the basic rules, skills, and techniques involved in volleyball so that each child may play and enjoy the game.
- To give girls the opportunity to meet in friendly competition with other children of the same age and gender.
- To expose players to different styles of coaching strategies to further develop their skills.
- Two, one-hour practices are held on evenings during the week, at the Brighton Recreation Center and local schools.
- Six (6) games will be scheduled for each team on six (6) consecutive weeks.
To achieve these goals and objectives, Brighton recreation services needs the cooperation and assistance from every parent and coach. Every decision concerning the youth athletes participating in athletic programs should be to benefit all the youth participating.
*Per the State Mandate all players will be expected to wear a mask during practices and games*
**The City of Brighton reserves the right to close any sports registration prior to the deadline to properly accommodate teams and ensure there is enough field and gym space for proper usage**