2022 Brighton Recreation Center Flag Football
Early bird registration: July 29 Cost:$55
Last chance to register: August 12 Cost:$60
Season: September 16 – October 21
|6-7 Years||Twice/week (weekdays)||Saturdays at Brighton Park|
|8-9 Years||Twice/week (weekdays)||Saturdays at Brighton Park|
|10-12 Years||Twice/week (weekdays)||Saturdays at Brighton Park|
Coach’s Meeting: Monday, August 29th 6PM at the Brighton Recreation Center
At the Brighton Youth Sports Department we strongly believe that flag football is a sport that everyone can play regardless of skill, size, or strength.
- Games are based on the NFL "Air it Out" format, where each team plays with 5 players on the field at a time.
- Games and practices are held at local parks. Each child plays equal time no matter the skill level.
- All practices will be held on weekdays and are determined by the team's coach. Coaches will call the parents to let them know the days practices have been scheduled.
- Games are scheduled on Saturdays at Brighton Park.
- Players are placed on a team according to age.
- Each child will be given a game shirt for them to keep.
- Players are not required to wear cleats. No player are allowed to wear metal cleats.
- Players will also be issued flag belts, by the coaches, to wear during games and practice.
- If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Brighton Parks & Recreation Department Goals & Purpose for Youth Sports
- To give every child the opportunity to participate in Youth Sports, regardless of ability.
- To teach the participants the skills and fundamentals of the sport in which they are participating.
- To encourage the participants’ development of sportsmanship, team play, and leadership.
- To teach the participants that competition and winning are not the primary objective; therefore a strong commitment should be made towards improvement of skills and having fun!!
- To encourage coaches to teach children that success does not require winning a game and that losing does not mean one is a failure.
- To have coaches teach kids to strive for excellence, to do the best they can.
- To have mandatory playing rules to guarantee participation opportunities for every child.
City of Brighton Parks & Recreation Department
Policies for Youth Sports
During any Youth Sports event Brighton Parks & Recreation Department prohibits behavior which is inappropriate, such as: profanity, abusive language or behavior, smoking and the consumption of alcohol, removal of any Brighton Rec. property, or criminal conduct.
* Special Note: During football games parents or spectators are not allowed to stand on the players sideline.