- Finance Department
- Broncos Community Grants
Broncos Community Grants
Last October, the City of Brighton received $454,084.93 from the Metropolitan Football Stadium District. This was part of the stadium lease agreement that required the District to distribute a portion of the sale of the Broncos Football Team back to the communities that helped to fund the stadium. Taxpayers in the district, which includes Brighton, helped to fund the Broncos’ Mile High Stadium through a sales tax that ended in 2011. In total, more than $41 million was disbursed proportionally as one-time payments to the cities and counties that paid into the District.
The funds must be used to support youth programs. The City has designated $104,085 of the allocation to be awarded through a community grant program.
About the Community Grants
The City is accepting applications for the 2023 Community Grant Program from March 27 through April 14 at 5 p.m. Applications received after deadline will not be considered.
The funding received by the City was a one-time influx and therefore, this grant program is not expected to occur again in future years. Therefore, applications should be focused on projects that are one-time investments or are pilot programs rather than funding of ongoing operational costs. Priority will be given to proposals for projects or investments that would not otherwise be able to occur without this funding.
Applicant organizations must be:
- Nonprofit organizations in good standing with the Colorado Secretary of State
- Serve youth within the City of Brighton
- Organizations may apply for and receive a maximum of $25K
- There are no matching requirements for this program
- Projects must be one-time investments or pilot programs
- Projects must support youth in the City of Brighton
- Ongoing operational costs will not be considered
- Projects must be completed by November 30, 2023
- Final reports and reimbursement requests must be submitted by December 31, 2023
Click here to apply. The submission deadline is 5 p.m., April 14.
If you have questions, please contact Catrina Asher at firstname.lastname@example.org.