Brighton Cultural Arts Commission
- 11 a.m.
- First Monday of the month
- Historic City Hall, 22 S. 4th Ave.
Members are selected at large and based on their strong interest in cultural arts. They bring a vast knowledge and experience in various areas of arts and culture.
- Kathy Wardle, President
- Wilma Rose, Vice President
- Stephanie Brown, Secretary
- Dolly Garcia
- Robin Kring
- Sandie Mackenzie
- Elena Townsend
- Jamie Zerr-Lockwood
- Ashley Cruz, Youth Representative, Youth on City Boards
- Peter Padilla, City Council Representative
- Ann Taddeo, City Council Representative Alternate
- David Gallegos, City of Brighton Staff Liaison
- Gary Montoya, City of Brighton/Armory/Downtown Initiative
The Brighton Cultural Arts Commission (BCAC) serves in an advisory capacity to the city council. The BCAC has been designated as a 501c3 non-profit organization. The BCAC receives funding from the Scientific and Cultural Facilities (SCFD) and Brighton Lodging Tax to support exciting programs, activities, and long-term art.
The BCAC also oversees the Public Art Committee that provides art in public places.
Agendas & Minutes
Click here to view Agendas and Minutes for Brighton Cultural Arts Commission meetings.
We welcome new members.
Lodging Tax Grants
The Brighton Cultural Arts Commission is currently accepting proposals for the use of 2022 Lodging Tax funds for Brighton-based organizations directly involved in promoting the community to visitors and businesses. Lodging Tax grants support activities that strengthen economic development, fund special events, assist cultural arts facilities, and promote tourism and related activities that inspire people to spend money in Brighton.
The Committee seeks organizations and teams who meet these criteria:
- Demonstrated ability to administer cultural projects
- Contributed to the community – economically, fiscally, and culturally
- Demonstrated ability to create overnight stays (lodging)
To access the application and to apply, click here.
BCAC will be reviewing grants on a revolving basis. Grants are due by 5 p.m. on the following dates: July 25, Aug. 29, Sept. 26, and Oct. 31. Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the Brighton Cultural Arts Commission, please contact Arts & Culture Coordinator Dave Gallegos at 303-655-2176 or email@example.com.