To remember the lives lost serving in the country’s armed forces, the city will host a Memorial Day remembrance at Elmwood Cemetery, 14800 Brighton Road.
The Memorial Day remembrance will have activities for all ages. Activities and attractions at the event will include:
Sunday, May 28
- 1 p.m.: Flag Retirement Ceremony. This will be at the new flag retirement area that was built by Eagle Scout, Carson Buelo, fall 2016. Kiyah Vizzi from the Youth Trumpet and Taps Corp will be playing the National Anthem and Taps for this event.
Monday, May 29, Memorial Day
- 7 a.m.: Boy Scout troops will create the avenue of flags at Elmwood and Fairview cemeteries.
- 11a.m.-Noon: Chaplains from the Brighton Police Department and Greater Brighton Fire District will raise the flags from half-staff to full staff.
- Greater Brighton Fire District Color Guard, Robert Eckelman, Owen McKeough and Barry Hughes will be speaking with Mckeough giving the keynote. Kiyah Vizzi of the Youth Trumpet and Taps Corp will be playing the national anthem at noon for the flag raising.
- 11 a.m.: Ye Olde Car Club will be at the event hosting a car show.
There will be volunteers available all Memorial Day weekend to help community members identify grave sites due to the high volume of visitors.
Beginning May 22 through June 9, receive 10 percent off the purchase of property for all pre-need property sales at the Elmwood and Fairview cemeteries. This special is for pre-need sales only and pertains to property only. It cannot be used on opening/closing, perpetual care or vault lowering. This special is for both residents and nonresidents.
To take advantage of this offer or for more information about the event, please stop in the Elmwood office at 14800 Brighton Road or call 303-655-2060. Discount cannot be used in combination with any other discounts.