The Brighton Recreation Center is looking to hire for positions located at their location, Brighton Oasis Family Aquatic Park and Funshine Summer Day Camp. For complete job descriptions, salary information or to apply, visit www.brightonco.gov.
Open positions include the following:
Brighton Recreation Center, 555 N 11th Ave., Brighton, CO 80601
- Building Monitor: Working at the Brighton Recreation Center, this position will be 15-20 hours per week with varying shifts, primarily Friday evenings 4-11 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays. This positon will be responsible for actively supervising all activities and events in the facility.
- Customer Service Representative: Alternating between the Brighton Recreation Center and the Brighton Oasis Family Aquatic Park, this position will be 15-30 hours per week with varying shifts. This position will be responsible for actively serving patrons in person and on the telephone. Candidates should be comfortable working with the public, possess cashing handling skills and a high level of computer interface.
- Brighton High School Tennis Courts, 270 S. Eighth Avenue, Brighton, CO 80601
- Tennis Sport Instructor: Working at the Brighton High School Tennis Courts, the tennis sport instructor will work Monday-Friday with varying shifts from 7:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. This position will be responsible for conducting lessons and practices that oversee the safety of players and ensure the tennis rules are followed. The ideal candidate will have the ability to multitask and provide proper tennis lessons to participants.
- Sports Head Coach – Tennis: Working at the Brighton High School Tennis Courts, the tennis sports head coach will work Monday –Friday with varying shifts from 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. The head coach will be responsible for monitoring lessons, practices and matches to oversee the safety of players and ensure the tennis rules are followed. This position will also schedule tennis matches and evaluates players’ skill levels and listen to concerns, answers questions and addresses coaches, players and parents in a calm, fair and professional manner.
Funshine Summer Day Camp, 1605 E Longs Peak St.
The State Licensed Funshine Summer Day Camp Program enrolls and accommodates up to 125 children ages six to 12 years old. The camp will run daily Monday through Friday, June 5-July 28 at Northeast Elementary School. Various training days before the start of camp are required to meet state standards and training week of May 29-June 2.
- Group Leader: The group leader will work between 15-40 hours per week with varying shifts from 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Monday –Friday. This position will be responsible for planning, instructing and actively supervises all activities and events for their group. Leader must provide a safe and secure environment and be comfortable working with youth 6-12 years old.
- Site Director: The Site Director is responsible for planning and coordinating daily activities while continually supervising and providing direction and guidance to other staff members and works collaboratively with other site directors. This position requires the use of appropriate disciplinary techniques when addressing both staff and participants and all incidents are documented. This position will work Monday –Friday with varying shifts from 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Brighton Oasis family Aquatic Park,1852 E Bromley Ln, Brighton, CO 80601
- Concessions Manager: The concessions manager will work varying days including weekends and holidays typically from 11 a.m.-6 p.m. and later for special events. This position will be responsible for the daily operations of the concession stand, including, but not limited to: customer service, product ordering and inventory, menu development, daily deposits and reports, cost control, employee training and scheduling, and facility maintenance.
- Concessions Assistant Manager: This position will assist the concessions manager and be expected to work varying days including weekends and holidays typically from 11a.m.-6 p.m.
- Oasis Assistant Pool Manager: The assistant pool manager will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with the maintenance and operation of the aquatic environment with a strong focus in customer service, lifeguard direction and pump room mechanics. This position must work well independently and with teams while providing excellent customer service, which support the City of Brighton’s mission and values. The work schedule will consist of varying days including weekends and holidays typically between 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.