The City of Brighton Employee Charities (BEC) is accepting applications for its college scholarship program. The BEC will award two $500 scholarships to qualifying high school seniors.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS (Please provide documentation)
- Transcript that applicant currently attends School District 27J and has at least a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Letter of acceptance from a college, university, technical or vocational school.
- Applicant may not be related to any BEC Committee Member.
- Documentation of proven community service.
- Letter of Recommendation from a Brighton community member (no relatives).500 word essay on what positive community service means to them.
Applications may be found online at http://www.brightonco.gov/276/10317/Public-Information or at the front desk of Brighton City Hall. The application deadline is Friday, March 10. Completed applications can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the front desk of Brighton City Hall, 500 South 4th Avenue.
The BEC receives its funding from City employee contributions and community partner donations.
For questions, please call Gayle Ashley at 303-655-8744.