Make a difference in your community by deciding to participate in the Adopt-a-Park and Adopt-a-Trail program. The Parks and Open Space Department adoption programs are a fun way to get yourself or your group involved in your local community.
These flexible programs allow an individual, family, or group (small businesses, nonprofits, etc.) to help preserve and maintain the city’s parks and trails. Nature parents can adopt an entire park, portion of a park or a trail. Your efforts will help keep parks and trails clean for all to enjoy!
The programs may include the following projects:
Parks may include:
- Trash pickup in a park
- Adopt a flower bed in a park
- Adopt a playground in a park
- Adopt a shrub bed in a park
- Park painting
- Graffiti removal
Trails may include:
- Trash pickup on a trail
- Mechanical removal of weeds along a trail
- Maintain a shrub bed along a trail
- Graffiti / vandalism repair or removal
City of Brighton Parks and Open Space will:
- Provide you with a park and safety orientation, including emergency procedures
- Provide trash bags, necessary tools, and any other materials needed for approved projects
- Collect filled trash bags from adopted area
- Install a sign to thank you and recognize your effort
A one-year commitment is required. For a complete list of requirements, please visit http://www.brightonco.gov/324/Special-Parks-Recreation-Programs.
To learn more about adopting your favorite park or trail, please contact the Parks and Open Space Department at 303-655-2054.