Excellence in Arts Award
The Brighton Cultural Arts Commission is pleased to announce its call for nominations for its Excellence in Arts Awards. Brighton has a vibrant and growing cultural arts community, and the Commission would like to celebrate individuals and groups within Brighton who are cultural arts “champions.” The Excellence in Arts Awards will be presented at a special evening event open to the public on October 9, 2017 at the Eagle View Adult Center.
We are asking for nominations for the following categories. If you would like to nominate an individual or a group who exemplifies excellence, please, check the appropriate category. One nomination per form; however, you may submit nominations in more than one category. Past recipients are not eligible. Click on tabs to the right showing the 2015 and 2016 winners.
- Master of Fine Arts - This category is open to photographers, painters, potters, sculptors, jewelry designers, and authors.
- Master of Performing Arts - This category is open to individuals or groups who are film makers, dancers, actors/actresses, directors, or musicians.
- Visionary - An individual, group, or business who has been a leader in the Brighton cultural arts scene.
- Master of Cultural Arts in Education- An individual, group, or business who has offered some form of creative arts activity to the youth within our community.
- Youth in the Arts – An individual under the age of 18 who has made a positive impact on cultural arts within our schools.
- Beyond Brighton- Open to an individual, group, or business from outside our community who has strengthened our community’s cultural arts.
Questions? Contact Sue Corbett 303-655-2076.
Click here for Nomination Form. Nomination deadline: September 14, 2017 at 4:00 pm.
Please send nominations to Sue Corbett at Eagle View Adult Center, 1150 Prairie Center Parkway, Brighton 80601 or email to SCorbett@brightonco.gov